Christ Church Cathedral Parish had its beginnings in 1858 when services were held in various places within the community. After many efforts a church building was provided in 1874, which remained in continuous use until 1916, when it was replaced by the present Nave. The Chancel and Parish House were completed in 1910. Built on a modified Gothic Plan, it is a sound usable structure which should stand for many years. The Chapel of the Ascension was added in 1935. Thus the structural portions of the Church were finished. (see more on the article “A journey Through Christ Church Cathedral”)
We are still a thriving Parish today 2016 and happily welcome everyone to our many fun festive events and all of our services. Come and Join us!